Friday, December 12, 2008

'Tis The Season

About a month ago Sam came home from Sunday School with a couple pieces of paper. It turned out to be the songs I have to teach him for the Sunday School Christmas Concert.... There were four of them!! (That's right... FOUR!!! Sam is TWO!!) Now, a miracle worker I am not, but I decided to give it my best shot. Right now the concert is a week out and he can sing about 2/3's of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". I keep telling myself that no one wants to see the toddlers sing it perfectly... the only reason people go to these things is to see the two year olds fight over the mic, wave and yell "Grandma" and generally do their own thing.
For a while during our "music lessons" Sam would start crying "No twinkle!" the minute I started singing, but the last few days I've caught him singing it by himself. It's terribly cute!! "Twinkle tar, shining brightly far" And that's all he knows of the song, but thankfully those two lines are sung twice, so that's why I can say he knows 2/3's of it!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey, cool new background!! How did you do that? I have seen a bunch of people with new blog backgrounds lately...