Friday, January 23, 2009

New Niece

Finally I have a niece! Jeremy's brother and sister in law had a baby girl this week. I'm so thrilled that Maarti isn't the only little girl in the family.

I was grilling Sam on his new Cousin's name and when I was confident that he knew her name was "Baby Anna" I called my sister so he could tell her the news. The conversation went something like this:
Me: "Sam, tell Auntie Susie what your new cousin's name is"
Sam: (silence)
Me: "Who is your new Cousin? Tell Auntie Susie"
Sam: "Clifford"

Later in the day I was getting him ready to go to the hospital to see the baby and he said several times "See Baby Anna?" so I was pretty confident he knew where we were going. When we got in the car I said "Sam, who are we going to see" he thought for minute and then said "Baby Jesus!".

Some days it's really a lot of work having a two year old, but at least it's entertaining!!

3 comments:

KPetrie said...

Maybe next time you ask him he'll but Baby Anna together and call her "Banana" from here on out! hehe

Unknown said...

That is so cute. Ed said that he'd be a little nervous driving if our kids thought that they were going to see baby Jesus though!!

Sarah said...

This is so funny!!!! Kids say the darndest things, eh?!
When Elise was born the nurse asked if he had a new sister... then she said, "what is your baby sister's name?" Todd said, "Reba!"