Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And Now She's One



I can hardly believe my little girl is one year old already. We had a little ladybug party for her. I was pretty happy to find this cute little ladybug outfit for her to wear to the party... it was the last one on a sale rack! Love it when that happens!





Reading the cards with Daddy.



All those nice presents and she loves the balloon the best. Typical.


The ladybug cake... you wouldn't believe how much food coloring it takes to make red icing!


Posted by Picasa

Yum... notice the size of the bib... had to be done. Red food coloring + cute new outfit = not good!


Ladybug treat bags.

Sam... pooped after the party! I think this is the perfect way to relax after a busy day. Jeremy would rather take Uncle Chris's bike (in the background) for a spin.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. I still can't believe she is one already! That was a fast year!!
Love ya sis

Unknown said...

Cute pics :)

Hey what type of food colouring did you use? I used a couple of bottles to get his cake as yellow as I did. Since then I picked up the gell colouring at micheals...I have yet to try it but I am hoping it will produce brighter colours without using soooo much colour!! :)

Unknown said...

Adorable pictures, Leanne! I can't believe Maarti is one already!
Miss ya, Jeanette

Sarah said...

Looks like a fun party! This year flew by, eh?! Crazy how that happens...

And yes, I DO believe how much colouring it takes to make red... remember my firetruck?! I've learned that you don't have to get it the perfect shade, because it will darken overnight. But even with the gel, I used what seemed to be LOADS of colour... but as long as the red gel is "no taste" then the icing still tastes good. But the ladybug cake looks GREAT!!!! What about your black? How did you find that to colour?

alexa said...

Very cute party! I love the cake. I'm planning on doing the ladybug theme for Erin's party this year. Did you make the bags?