Wednesday, August 5, 2009

OUCH!

I have just a few things to say about this photo:
  1. As of today Sam now has ten fingers, but only 9 fingernails.
  2. You have absolutely no idea how happy I am that Jeremy was home today!!
  3. It takes way less energy for a three year old to get a big boo boo than it does for his mom to take a picture of it!
  4. My finger nails and toe nails have been hurting ever since the events of this afternoon.
  5. I think Sam has no idea he is short a fingernail... he's just enthralled with the "giant bandaid".
  6. Did you know that hospitals have paid staff who try and calm children down by blowing bubbles? (Wonder what they get paid?)
  7. Did you further know that for a three minute chat with the doctor one must wait three hours and fill the parking meter twice?!
  8. Our city's new ER, though very pretty, is impossible to navigate without a porter... it's a maze. Jeremy got lost... twice! (thanks to said parking meter)
  9. It would seem that all nurses have candy in their desk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny!
Poor Sam....

jennstar said...

Oh Leanne! I DO relate! Several of our children have been minus finger or toe nails (do not let your toddlers pick up full gallon cans of paint - they WILL drop them on their toes!). I think us mothers suffer much, much more than the little ones - they seem to be made of rubber. :)
I loved how you related your ER experience :)

KPetrie said...

Aww, Sammy! I'm willing to bet this was harder on his "terrified of blood" mommy than on him!