First there is the Frustration of repeating things time after time after time and never quite being heard... Happily we aren't having to say "Leave the cushions on the couch!" quite as often. Sadly, the new most repeated phrase is "Don't tackle your sister... be nice!".
Then there is the Confusion. The other day Sam and I were chatting and I was reminding him that he can change the world - one person at a time. His reply: "You can change the world Mom. I'm going to change the rainbow and Maarti can change the bus." What does that mean?!
There is Embarrassment too. We let our kids open a Christmas present early. It was from my parents and we even phoned them so they could hear the kids open the presents. Grandma and Papa bought them beautiful Olympic hoodies. Sam's reponse: "I don't want that... I wanted a toy." (At that point I'm pretty sure I heard my Dad say something about pay back time.) So much for my great idea of letting Papa and Grandma hear them open their presents.
And just look at this face! ...
Okay... there is some pleasure in three too, like observing pure joy in his face as he enjoys simple pleasures.
There is those heartwarming moments when he stops being busy for just a moment, looks at me and says "I love you Mom".
And at the top of this post I mentioned hilarious right? Did you know that last night we ordered pizza for supper and as Jeremy was paying the delivery guy Sam yelled "Dad, is that the Grinch!?"
I'm still giggling.
So all in all I'd say I love "Three"... especially ours!


4 comments:
Marie & I love these Sam-isms!!!
Ok, that last comment is super funny!!
I'm often convinced that three is going to DO ME IN and then he says something that has me on the floor laughing.
And I'm able to carry on.
Hi Leanne,
I was tempted to leave it to three comments.. but I wanted to say Hi back and thanks for stopping by. It's neat to see your kids and that you love being a MOM!
Post a Comment