Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

We just got home from a fabulous holiday in Enderby. We've been wanting to celebrate Canada Day there for quite a while and this year it finally worked out! And... it didn't just work out for us... the whole family was there! Bonus! The kids love being on the farm and spent the entire week outside getting very dirty!

Canada Day is a big deal in the Carlaw family. This year Papa put five of his antique tractors in the parade and everyone got to be in the parade (except me... I volunteered to take pictures instead which was a much better match for my personality!)

These three cousins were born within four months of each other and they loved being together! Here they are getting ready for the parade. I was coaching Maarti to say "Happy Canada Day!" but everytime I asked her what she was going to say in the parade she shouted "Happy Father's Day!". Oh well... in this case I guess she wasn't too far off!



Everyone had a great time being in the parade... someone even handed them handfuls of candy before the parade started so they wouldn't miss out.

Look at all those Massey's... If it ain't red, leave it in the shed!






After the parade the Shuswap Pioneer Collector's Club came back to the farm for a BBQ, lawnmower races and a tractor pull. It was a super fun afternoon! Love this red neck family of mine!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you all! After times like these, I always wished we lived a little closer. Love you!