Thursday, December 15, 2011

Our Picky Eater

Last night was Mom K's birthday and to celebrate Dad took us out for dinner. Chinese.

I'm not really a fan of taking kids out to eat at a restaurant anytime, and one without chicken and fries on the menu had me more than a little anxious. Sam is especially picky and I wasn't sure he'd eat anything besides the fortune cookies. As I went through the buffet I filled his plate with some fruit, skipped all the veggies (don't judge me, I just wanted a peaceful family dinner) and then looked for the least Chinese type foods that they had... deep fried battered cod, grilled chicken breast and deep fried wontons. As I cut it up I prayed that he wouldn't notice the absence of ketchup.

As is often the case, I worried unnecessarily. All through supper he was making enthusiastic comments:
"I love this Chinese fish! It's so good"
"This Chinese Chicken is awesome!"
"These are just like chips... Chinese Chips! I love them!"

At the end of the meal Sam enjoyed his Jello. And, in case you were wondering... apparently Chinese Jello tastes pretty much the same as Canadian Jello!

No comments: