Monday, January 9, 2012

A Taste of Sorrow

This afternoon Maarti had a strange question for me: "Mommy, have you ever tasted sorrow?"
Me: "Yes, have you?"
Maarti: "No."

I thought that was the end of it but I was wrong...
a couple of hours later...

Maarti: "Mommy, does sorrow have sugar in it?"
Me: "No."
Maarti: "I can't have any of it cause I have a cough."

Again, I thought this was the end of it...
Again, I was wrong. Later in the afternoon she brought a little plate of toy wooden cakes into the living room where Sam and I were: "Guys, would you like to have some sorrow?"

Her favorite show right now is Because of Winn Dixie (a really cute family movie) which is where she heard the phrase. I wonder what Maarti thinks the show is about, because I think her telling of the story would be entirely different than what I would say!

1 comment:

Tez said...

my girls went through a time of loving "winn Dixie" too. I just loved having such a great singer star and play in it lol!

Maarti is right, sorrow is nothing to taste when you have a cough!