It just happened that Maarti's fourth birthday landed right in the middle of our cruise. She was pretty excited that she was going to have her birthday on the boat. Our only problem with the birthday situation is trying to make Sam understand that we didn't plan this for Maarti and that just because her birthday was on the boat doesn't mean he gets to have his birthday in Thailand like he so desperately wants!
Opening presents:
Posing in her new Hello Kitty outfit:
We were exploring Juneau on Maarti's birthday. We went in one store and when we came out there was a Durango the same color as ours parked on the street. Maarti said "Daddy, why did you leave the Durango here?" It was pretty cute.
Yummy Birthday Dessert:
Sam took it on himself to let everyone know that it was Maarti's birthday so she actually had waiters sing to her and bring her dessert like this at every meal!
Don't the guys look so spiffy all dressed up for the party?
And one more special birthday surprise with love from Daddy:
We love you so much Maarti! We often say your middle name should have been joy because that is what you are full of ... JOY! It is such a blessing to have you in our family.
Birthday Interview:
Favorite color: green
Favorite show: Holly Hobbie
Favorite song: Cherry Jam
Favorite memory from being 3: becoming a big sister to Luke
Favorite toy: cat stuffie
Favorite animal: tiger
Favorite thing to do: go to Ballet
I'm excited about being 4 because: I get to go to preschool
When I grow up I want to: be a princess
One thing I am good at: doing puzzles
One thing I would like to learn: how to make cookies
If I could say one thing to the whole world I would say: I go to school because I am four.


1 comment:
What a fun birthday Maarti! We love you and miss you.
Auntie Susie, Uncle Shawny, Ty, Levi and Carson
Post a Comment