I am one of the few adults I know that still has all of their wisdom teeth. I remember being happy that my dentist had never mentioned getting them removed as all my friends took turns coming to school with cheeks much chubbier than mine (for once!). Right now I'm wishing that I had taken a turn with them as I have been suffering with one terrible wisdom tooth all week! In my suffering I may have also been doing a bit of whining because the kids have noticed.
Sam: Why does your mouth hurt Mom?
Me: Well, I have these things called wisdom teeth...
Sam: (with a sly grin) Oh you mean like "The wisdom from above is first of all pure, it is also peace-loving, gentle at all times and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds and shows no favortism."?
Me: No, it is actually not like that at all! (although I'm pretty proud at how well he pulled up his latest memory verse!)
The next day Sweet Maarti turned to me and out of the blue said "Well if your mouth hurts then we need to pray about it." She then put her hand on my cheek and prayed "Dear Jesus, thank you for Mommy's mouth to not hurt. Amen."
Two different approaches - both made my heart smile.
1 day ago


1 comment:
So sweet!
Sorry your tooth is bothering you. I still have mine, but I only ever had 3, the one on my bottom left was never there. So far they haven't bothered me and I hope I that if they ever do act up I have dental coverage first... getting a tooth extracted is ridiculously expensive. Maarti has the right idea - prayer... and maybe a little Tylenol, too :)
Post a Comment