Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Six Years Old!!

Sam had a birthday last week and, boy, did he ever have a great day! 
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and so in honor of the birthday boy we had his all time favorite breakfast:  Maple Scones!  (He requested that they be in the shape of Maple Leaves because the Olympics are on and we are cheering for Canada!)

 After Breakfast we rushed Sam off to Soccer camp... our church puts on a soccer day camp every summer and this was the first year Sam attended.  He LOVED it! 

After Soccer camp we had a quick lunch and then waited for a few friends to arrive for a LEGO party.

Gotta have games at a party:

1.)  Look at a Lego figure for a couple of seconds and then build it from memory.
 2.)  Lego toss
 3.)  Collect lego pieces into a cup using a straw.
 4.)  A Pinata... filled with lego of course!!
 And what's a party without food?!! 

On the Menu:
Cupcakes
Blueberries
Chips
Juice Boxes
And then... finally... presents!  Who says "Money can't buy happiness."?  He looks pretty happy to me!
We handed out some party favors, said goodbye to our friends, did a quick clean up and then...
headed to the lake!!

The kids did a bit of tubing.
We had supper and then wouldn't you know... more presents!!

What a busy, fun day!

We love you Sam and are so proud of the creative and caring person you are becoming.  We love your soft heart toward God, how you look after your younger sister and brother, your contagious laugh and how you love to memorize Scripture.  You are a blessing to us!!

Birthday Interview:

Favorite Color:  Black
Favorite Food:  Chicken and Fries
Favorite Game:  Monopoly
Favorite Movie:  Bolt
Favorite Song:  a made up song
Favorite Sport:  soccer
Favorite Story:  Something From Nothing
Favorite Free Time Activity:  lego
When I grow up I want to be an...  Eel
If I were planning the next family vacation...  we would go to Enderby
The best thing about school is...  gym
The best thing that happened when I was five...  going to the Heat game
One day I would like to meet:  Mr. Bean
I am excited to be six because:  I get to go to Grade 1




No comments: