Most of the time I don't feel old... in fact I really love being in my thirties and can hardly believe that I used to think of thirty as "so old"!! HOWEVER... Lately I have run into a few things that really do make me feel "old":
1. My high school "celebrity crush", Trevor Linden, recently retired.
2. I'm closer to my 20 year High School reunion than to my tenth.
3. My family doctor is around the same age as me.
4. The Cabbage Patch Kids are celebrating their 25th Anniversary this year.
5. The Jr. High kids I work with are closer in age to my kids than to me.
6. I nearly choke every time Jeremy and I go out for dinner and it cost's $50 because I still remember when my whole family went out and it only cost $20!
7. I've already lived through the current fashion. (And I don't like it this time around!!)
8. I haven't watched "High School Musical".
Anyway... those are a few. I'm sure the minute I hit post I'll think of many more. Can anyone relate? What makes you feel old?
1 day ago


3 comments:
So I feel old when I have stayed up past my 'bed time' and it is only 11:00pm....Oh and when I see the sun rise because I got up early not stayed up all night.
I don't think I could do it even if I wanted to these days which makes me feel even 'older'
Old as if we are just coming into our own and well the times change so we need to also. However I hear you on the going out on a date and it cost $50, because we would try to go out and be frugal and eat for $15 for our family.
We have lived through this current fashion? I don't remember - however I was not into fashion before!
I wasn't feeling old until you mentioned those facts! Thanks! lol At least I've watched High School Musical! Here's what makes me feel old..going to the weddings of the kids I used to babysit..weird!
Post a Comment