Monday, November 30, 2009

Instant Celebrity

Our care group spent some time yesterday afternoon at a local nursing home. We decided to take the kids - They were a huge hit! I think they were even more popular than a whole litter of puppies would have been. Maarti was especially well loved! The kids found some beach balls in the corner and spend the whole time running and giggling and making lots of joyful noise. I'm certain that lounge had never seen so much activity... EVER! It has made me think that nursing homes should host community playgroups since the residents got such a kick out of the kids. I have to admit I was hesitant about going, but if the kids are welcome I'd go again any day! What a blast! I just wish I would have brought a camera...

3 comments:

Joel+Christine+Emma+Caitlin said...

Linus, you have the BEST ideas! Miss you tons! I will put up some pictures of the craft we did last night soon :) Love you loads!!

Desiree said...

Good for you!! I was just thinking tonight about these lonely people that seem to be surfacing in our church. At first I felt sorry for them, but now I think that perhaps as a church we have spent too many years thinking of our own needs, instead of blessing others like you did. I'm sure you really made their day too!!

happygeek said...

My mom works in a nursing home where they do host a playgroup. It's a small one, and they encourage the moms to talk to the seniors, not just each other, but it is a highlight of the week for many residents.