Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Times A Comin'

I've decided it's time for a little honesty. No more pretense.

This is how my house usually looks between the hours of 6:30 am and 7:30 pm:

It's ugly, isn't it? It does absolutely nothing for my Christmas Spirit, but what is even uglier is if I let it get to me. If I let it bother me then the *other* Mommy comes out and NO ONE likes her!... she does absolutely nothing for everyone else's Christmas Spirit! So... I'm just trying to let my kids actually live in our house and remember it won't always look like this. In the meantime... We do have a few pockets of Christmas around the house that are out of reach of anyone 3 ft. and under.





And I do enjoy our Christmas tree too... after 7:30 that is!

6 comments:

jennstar said...

I sure understand. :) I think I am going to have the kids redecorate the bottom half of the tree as it is a mess!
Your snowmen are so cute!
Jenny

Mandi Bartel said...

looks good Leanne! I like how you decorated your tree :) Feels very Christmasy.

happygeek said...

I am currently coveting your snowman pails.
And mine are three and five now and the mess lessens. I promise. Plus, they can (sorta kinda) pick up after themselves.

Marie said...

I am so glad that you write about your family, I enjoyed all the new posts. I now need to come see your mess in person.
Take care!

Desiree said...

My house is not generally as tidy as I'd like it to be either. And I have no one else to blame except myself. But it's good to be real with each other. There's no point in pretending that everyones house is spotless all the time. That's just not real life.

Unknown said...

I love all your christmas decorations. No worries on the mess - my house looks exactly like that right now!!