It's been a long time since I've posted so here's a quick update of our Christmas:
I realize this may be a boring picture for you, but Im particularly proud of it because for the first time (ever, I think) I got Jeremy a gift that wasn't a dud! It's not that I buy him junk it's just that what he really wants is a new ski boat so everything else is slightly disappointing... until now. I know that a book and a boat are on opposite ends of the spectrum, but this book is special. It is actually the published blog of our friend, Steve Rehn. Steve was a Bible School friend of Jeremy's and he was a groomsman at our wedding. Steve's blog chronicled his last trip to Africa where he taught a course in linguistics and then fulfilled his dream of doing a cycling trip across part of Africa. He was just days from finishing his bike trip when he was hit by a car and killed. Steve was a great friend to both of us so that is why this book is a treasure.


3 comments:
What a small world. Steve Rehn was a friend of mine from High school. We lost touch after High school. I am so sad to hear that he died.
He was quite the character.
He was quite a character... if you are checking out his blog read his entry called "my personal Narnia" (or something like that) He shares a high school story in there... it's hilarious!
I was not part of it, But I do remember hearing about it though because at the time I was planning to do missions in Africa once I finished Bible School. So someone in the group made sure I'd heard about it. The funny thing is, at the time, I remember Steve and I talking about how he had very little interest in Missions. It's weird how life plays out. The next thing I know, I'm reading about him in the Wycliffe Magazine.
Post a Comment