Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Sam!

We had a great time celebrating Sam with a Go Diego Go party.

The first party I remember was my fourth and my mom did a fishing pond so I wanted to do the same for Sam. When the little kids saw the M&M's in the bucket they wanted to fish with their hands, but for the most part it went over really well.



The fishing pond was right before opening presents and all the kids were so preoccupied with their candy that they weren't all crowding around Sam trying to "help" him open his gifts. (That was my idea... Strategic planning at its finest!)



Go Diego Go cupcakes... the internet is a life-saver when it comes to themed birthday parties!



Gramma and Sam - sitting in the shade waiting for the guests to arrive.



Swinging - Maarti's favorite pastime.



So I thought I would start a tradition and interview the kids on their birthdays. It will be fun to look back at this in a few years. So here goes:

Favorite color: Orange and Blue
Favorite show: Go Diego Go
Favorite song: Kumbaya
Favorite Bible Story: Jesus gives food to everybody
Favorite Food: Hot dogs & meat & ketchup & fish
Favorite thing to do: eat candy
Favorite Game: Wii
Favorite car: Hot Wheels
Best place to play: The park
If you had a pet what would it be? Cat
What would you name your cat? Mustard
What do you want to be when you grow up? A roller skater in a parade.
What is the best place to holiday? Papa and Grandma's house

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! Looks like a blast wish we could have been there. Chat with you later...

Shawna said...

I love your idea to interview your kids, I think I might just borrow it, lol. I love the cupcakes, your birthday parties always look like so much fun!

Unknown said...

what a fantastic day and a great idea to interview your kids every year :)

-Merri Ellen

Carly Nelson said...

great pictures Leanne....i cannot wait until m yholidays and we can catch up....i love all of the traditions you are starting...like the interview thing...that's awesome! talk to you guys later:)

Unknown said...

Once again you amaze with your party planing skills. Everything looked great!!! My favourite comment is that he wants to be a roller skater?? In a parade?? Where did that come from!?! :)

Sarah said...

I am totally going to steal your interview idea! That's brilliant! Love those cupcakes, too.