We have been looking forward to this day for a while. The kids had so much fun making their valentines and then dressing up in red for the activities of the day. Sam wanted to wear a red tank top! I was able to talk him out of it by telling him if he wore this shirt he would match Luke. It was a great plan, but then he put it on and we discovered that it had been put away without going through the laundry! Does that happen to anyone else?! I told him he could wear it for the picture and then had to change... at that point we were on the verge of being late so he didn't have time to argue with me when I gave him a different long sleeve red shirt.

A couple of nights ago I asked the kids what we should have for a special Valentine's supper. Sam said: "Well, I would say hotdogs if I liked hotdogs!"
(Thanks... that's helpful!)
Maarti said: "Hmm... I guess waffles would be okay."
(A little enthusiasm would be nice!)
So waffles it was... with these for dessert:
Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting... it was a pretty good idea if I do say so myself.
So that was our family Valentine's day.
And in case you were wondering... Jeremy and I celebrated Valentine's a couple of days ago - dessert and a movie. It was the perfect at home date.
No comments:
Post a Comment