Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Maarti to the Rescue

It's Wednesday.
I love Wednesdays. Jeremy has the day off and we usually run errands... it's fun (...or at least more fun than running errands by myself with the kids.)

We are planning on going on a cruise this spring with Jeremy's family so we decided that we would use the kids Christmas money and buy them each a suitcase. (We usually just pack in laundry baskets, but since it's a cruise and not a container ship we thought we should try and avoid looking too hill-billyish.) Thankfully we found a fantastic sale and thankfully the kids think luggage is cool and were happy to part with their money for it.

After shopping, we ate a quick lunch and Jeremy ran off to Sam's school to volunteer in the classroom and then take Sam out for ice cream. Since the guys were having fun time, we needed to do something fun as well.

Ta-da!

Valentine cookies!

Sam and Jeremy came home and I started to figure out supper. I found a new recipe that looked good, quickly scanned the ingredients and started cooking. Half way through the recipe I discovered that it is supposed to be in the fridge overnight before cooking.
That's just great!
Abort dinner plan.
Throw chicken and potatos in the oven and make a salad.
Phew. That was quick thinking.
As we're eating Maarti says "I like this supper Mom. It's great!". Sam says "What Maarti said is what I say!" Five minutes later Sam pipes up again, "I kinda like this chicken and I kinda don't. It's one thumb up and one thumb down." Yikes! The ratings were dropping rapidly. I had to think of something fast! Good job I had some dessert to pull out!

Thanks Maarti for saving supper with your beautiful cookies!

No comments: