
I certainly don't get read as much as I would like to, but I have been slowly plugging my way through "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" by Dr. Laura. It is, by far, the best book on marriage I have ever read and would highly recommend it.
Some things it has me thinking about:
- Do I show Jeremy my appreciation for being the provider for our family? (and do I nag him to do more around the house as though I don't think providing is enough?)
- Do I try and turn Jeremy into a girlfriend instead of appreciating the unique qualities he has as a male?
- Would I want our son to be married to a woman that treats him the way I treat Jeremy?
Has anyone else read this book? What were your thoughts? If you haven't read it... do, and then let me know what your opinion is.


3 comments:
Hey Leanne! Wow, so excited about how often you are updating your blog! Thanks for the comment on ours. In answer to your question: I'm feeling pretty good but I know what you mean about not being comfortable when sleeping. I never thought of extra pillows ... hmmm :0) I do have to say that this baby has a fondess for poking me in my rib on the right hand side if I sit for too long. Ugh. Anyway, we miss you guys lots. I'm still working on Joel for Christmas 2008 but I'm not sure its helping. Love you four! Happy to hear you are getting to spend time with the Irish Carlaws. We sure miss them - especially Nathy and Abs :0)
Love ya, Christine and "Baby Bump"
I think I need to read this book! I have never thought of that point about trying to make my husband a girlfriend, instead of letting him be him... hmmmmm.... thoughts to ponder - the other points you mentioned are great, too. And just today I was thinking that HE doesn't understand ME... maybe it's the other way around sometimes!!!
I haven't checked your blog for a long time, and funny thing, is that I did just read that book! I read it a couple of years back, but it definitely warrents another reading as a reminder. It seems like marriage goes fab when I am in the middle of reading this book. At night, I would grab my book, and tell him that I was reading my husband manual. Once I read something out loud to him from the book, and his response was, "Of course we are like that." I told him that we didn't necessarily know that.
Post a Comment