1. Last night the neighbor's dog barked and barked... needless to say I'm very tired today. When my Mother-in-Law called wanting to take the kids to the park I was pretty relieved. When I hung up the phone I'm pretty sure that I could hear the angels singing the "Hallelujah Chorus" Can anyone confirm?
2. For awhile now I've been pretty sure that playdates were more for the moms than the kids. I now have no doubt. I called a girlfriend earlier in the week and the first words out of her mouth were "Please tell me you are still coming for a playdate this morning!". In cases like this I have learned that the best course of action is to get the kids in the car as soon as possible and don't show up without coffee... not regular coffee... the specialty, candy kind.
3. I freaked out at my first born - at a family dinner no less. I felt kinda dumb, but it was well deserved and I think I got the point across... Don't mess with the Mama!! We may not be invited back until the kids are in high school.
4. School started this week in BC and I've already started mourning the fact that Sam has to go soon. And... (can I rant?) when he starts all districts will probably have gone to full time kindergarten!! I think 5 is way too young to be in school full time! With the Province complaining about the tough financial times I don't know why they would implement this. I didn't even go to kindergarten and I think I turned out fine.
5. My Dad was at a tractor show in Iowa last week and he came back with engineer hats for the kids... a blue one and a pink one. Too Cute!
6. This week for the first time when Sam prayed at dinner he said more than "Dear Jesus Thank you for food. Amen". He looked around the table and was thankful for everyone there. I used to be able to say that if you are hungry get Sam to pray. It's not a guarantee anymore.
7. I wish I could explain just how cute it is to get a kiss from Maarti. She leans her blond curly head toward you and says "Mmmm - ah".
I love my life.
1 day ago


2 comments:
I'm interested to hear about this family dinner freak out!....
This post was just lovely! Thanks for sharing all your thoughts... and I totally agree about playdates being for the mamas as much (or even more so!) as the kids!
Post a Comment