The other day I was doing something in the kitchen and Sam was playing on the kitchen floor. He said "Look at this Mommy." I said "okay", but then carried on with what I was doing. A couple seconds later I heard: "No Mommy... look at me with your face!". It was one of those moments when time slows down and a light bulb comes on (and I'm pretty sure that the light bulb's name is the Holy Spirit). I realized that my kids aren't the the only ones who need me to "look at them with my face". My husband, my friends, my family, God... Multi-tasking is a great skill, but not in relationships... In my relationships I need to be 100% present.
The next random phrase that popped into my head was "Bare foot and pregnant in the kitchen" (and I can tie these thoughts together, so stick with me). I began to wonder if perhaps that phrase was penned by a woman and means something entirely different than our culture would say it means... I wonder if some mom said it when they had a moment, similar to mine, and realized that this journey of motherhood, from start to finish, is "holy ground".
It often seems like what I'm going through with my kids is a mirror image of what I'm going through in my Spiritual journey.
I love how God wastes absolutely nothing to teach us to be more like Him!
1 day ago


1 comment:
Wow, love this post. I will have to remember that as our little one grows up!
Post a Comment