Let me introduce you the friends that make up my blog list:
Beautiful Mess - Written by one of my dearest friends, Kate... we are just about as opposite as two people can be, but somehow it works. She's tall, loves jujitsu, video games and Star Trek; She also inserts sound effects when she's story telling. We ended up house sitting together one fall and have been close ever since. Both times she has called to tell me she is pregnant my response has been "Me too!"... it is fun having kids that are the same age... we often hash out our motherhood dilemmas together. Kate is wise and often makes me look at a situation from the other side. We'll be friends for always!
Calgary Crutches for Haiti - Dulaine was my RA when I was a shy, mouse-y 15 year old living in a dorm for the very first time. (I know lots of you are thinking I'm still a shy, mouse-y girl, but believe me... this is outgoing compared to back then!) Dulaine watched out for me and kept track of me through the years - talk about taking your ministry seriously! I'm not sure I would have made it through that first homesick year without her! She has blessed me far more than she will ever know.
Candyland and Beyond - I met Judy one summer when she spoke at Gardom Lake Bible Camp. She is now a missionary in Thailand. Her passion for God is contagious!
Carlaw Corkboard - Written by my beautiful cousin-in-law Christine. Joel and Christine packed up and left Canada to be missionaries in Ireland and boy do we miss them!! They are our friends and we love hanging out with them... just wish it could be more often.
Doris Douma Born's Blog -There is no one I'd rather sit down for coffee with than Doris! She is wise and fun and insightful. We worked at camp together for years and had many, many conversations and prayer times over coffee. Doris doesn't waste words and time spent with her is always rich.
I Wonder as I Wander and Many Waters - I'm sticking Dominique and Mandi together. I met them both at Camp. I love reading their blogs because they haven't changed a bit over the years... still want to serve the Lord and know Him well. Their blogs are honest and fun and I enjoy keeping up with their lives this way.
Josiah's Journey - Josiah's story is recorded by his dad, Andrew. Although Josiah passed away last summer his story continues. He was a very special friend to us and we still miss our regular Tuesday morning play dates we had with him and his mom. His short life has made a lasting impact on our family. Sam still tells me often that he wants to go to Jesus' house to see "Siah".
Mennonite Girls Can Cook and The LPM Blog - These blogs are by people who I haven't actually met. The MGCC blog has some fantastic recipes on it - it's always fun to see what's new on there and I haven't been disappointed yet with any of the recipes I have tried. The LPM Blog is by Beth More and her daughters; if you've been reading my blog for any amount of time you already know how I feel about Beth!
Ponderings of a Journey - Leanne is another camp friend. I have so much admiration for her! I have never met anyone more committed to being the very best wife and mom she can possibly be. Jesus shines in her. Read Leanne's blog... you'll be inspired!
Rollings in Haiti - The Rollings are the Directors of a mission called "Clean Water for Haiti". They oversee a small staff that builds and installs bio sand water filters. They are doing an amazing job in Haiti and their blog is fascinating.
Sandy's Sweets and The Wild Olive Tree - Sandy and Des are two friends from high school that I have just recently reconnected with over facebook. Both are talented! If you look at their blogs you'll be impressed by their creativity!
Stampinsars - Sarah and I share two things... our birthday and a love for stamping! I love creating with her cause she always has such great ideas. Sarah is easy to talk to and I'm thankful for her - she was one of my first friends when I moved here after getting married.
At The Rose Cottage is another favorite blog of mine, but it isn't on my bloglist because it's a private blog (Which is unfortunate for you because you are missing out!). Jennifer is another friend from high school that I have reconnected with recently. Reading her blog makes me wish I wasn't so mouse-y in high school and would've gotten to know her better back then - she is a kindred spirit and makes me want to be a better mom!
So there you have it. Hope you have enjoyed meeting some of my friends!
1 day ago


3 comments:
aww leanne - thanks for those kind words!! I love ya to bits too :)
And PS - what a great idea for a blog post!
Thanks Leanne!! What a fun way to introduce your blogroll :)
I can't believe you were out living in a dorm for a whole year at 15...
Speaking of sharing our b-days - should we celebrate with a pedicure again this year? My treat this time.
What a nice idea to introduce your friends! There are soo many great blogs ...
Post a Comment