Friday, February 26, 2010

So Sweet

Yesterday, Sam was especially "three"! We're having some temper issues in our home (his and mine, but I think if we could deal with his first, mine would just take care of itself!). It certainly doesn't help that we are all sick either! Sam spent a good chunk of yesterday on time out. Just before supper I went to talk to him before releasing him from time out. We talked about speaking with nice words and not having temper tantrums when he doesn't get his own way. He then started asking about about Heaven. He talks about it a lot since he knows his friend, Josiah, is there.

We talked for a bit and he ended up asking Jesus into his heart. After he prayed I told him that the angels were having a party in heaven for him. He told me it was a Diego and Thomas party!

I asked Sam who he wanted to tell and he said Maarti. "Maarti, I let Jesus into my heart! Do you want to too Maarti? Do you? Just say it Maarti!"

When He called Grampa he said "Grampa, I let Jesus into my heart so I can go to Heaven! Are you coming with us Grampa?"

It's so cute! I realize he doesn't fully understand it all, but he is responding to what he does know and that makes us very happy. We pray that he will continue to have a soft heart toward God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK...I am actually crying and everything is all blury so I will keep this short. It is just such a beautiful little moment...
Tell Sammy autie kate and kids are having a party for him too!!