Dear Sam and Maarti,
The reason I'm keeping this blog is for you. I'm bad (really bad) at doing those hallmark baby books and that's why you won't have one, but for some strange reason this works for me. I'm trying to record milestones, fun things you say, the things you accomplish. One day I will make it into a book for you. I hope it will be one of those legacy kinds of gifts that I love so much. I hope you will know how proud I am to be your mom.
Up until now this blog has been mostly cute-sy, but I have had something on my mind that I want you to know. So in case I forget to mention this 15 years from now... here goes:
I had a converstation lately with someone who is looking for the right person for a particular job. They told me that at the top of their requirement list is a masters degree... and that is what got me thinking. Education is a wonderful thing and whatever you want to be, or do, or accomplish is great... I will be behind you 100%, doing whatever I can to help you achieve your goals. BUT... this is what I want you to know: Education is not (and will never be) more important than character. Our society may give you another impression, but it's not true. We often say to you that you can change the world and we really do believe it, but it won't happen if your character is flawed. Pursue character and look to Christ as your model.
I love you!
Mom
1 day ago


3 comments:
Wonderful words Leanne! Such wisdom. And so very worth recording for Sam & Maarti - it will serve them well. I love you! I'm proud to be your brother, and blessed to call you my friend! Dan
AMEN!! I had a talk with an older lady a few weeks ago, and she went on and ON about how important education is. I see her point, but I still say Character and seeking God's will is MORE important.
well said!!!!
Post a Comment