I've said it before... watching the kids experience all their "firsts" makes me think of some of my "firsts"... Like my first concert in the mid-eighties (I guess I didn't need to say that... the era is pretty evident once you watch the video!). Silverwind. As kids we were BIG fans so my parents graciously loaded us all up in the station wagon (gold with a classy wood panel down the side) and we drove an hour and a half away for my very first concert! They thought it was too loud. I loved it!
It was good of Mom and Dad to go to a concert that wasn't quite in the "Bill and Gloria Gaither" category. I wonder what kinds of concerts we'll have to go to with our kids... Whatever it is, it will probably be too loud for me!
1 day ago


2 comments:
I sooo remember that night. I plugged my ears through the whole thing!! It's funny how all the words come back. Remember singing into our brushes???
My first concert was Michael Card. Sometimes I think I can close my eyes and remember the whole thing.
Post a Comment