Sam: My knees are telling me I shouldn't go to bed. What are your knees telling you Dad?
Jeremy: My knees are telling me you better get in bed or there will be consequences!
Sam: Actually, I think your knees are telling you that you want to go skiing.
I'm not sure when knees started talking around here, but I did find it interesting that at four Sam already has one of Jeremy's passions figured out. It made me wonder what the kids would say about my passion and what I'd like them to see in my life. What I'd like them to see is a person who is in love with Jesus and living in a reality that is bigger than anything that I could have dreamed for myself. I believe that God has a destiny for everyone, but we at times are so hung up in our insecurities and fears and unbelief that we don't step into it. This is one of those things I'm passionate about, but like Jeremy's skiing, I want my kids to recognize it because I live it, not just because I talk about it.
5 days ago


2 comments:
great reminder, I have been thinking about how my kids see me a lot lately, and I agree with you, I want them to be able to see how much I love Jesus from my life, not just because I tell them I do!
indeed! :)
Post a Comment