We just got back from our summer holidays. I have to admit it was a little bitter-sweet knowing that our opportunities to take holidays during the school year are all too quickly coming to an end. BUT... it did help to look at the rainy forecast for home and realize that we had managed to get one more week out of summer!
Jeremy's parents and brother joined us for some of the time and we spent our days in the boat, on the beach, in the pool, biking, visiting winerys and orchards, visiting friends and eating ice cream. We also spent a lot of time playing "Hide and Seek". It really is amazing how long kids can enjoy that game in a hotel room that only has three places to hide!
And what would a holiday be without a good book? Jeremy's Mom finished this book on day two of our holidays and then passed it to me. I had been wanting to read this book so ditched the book I had brought and laughed and cried my way through this one. Loved it! Mary Beth Chapman is a woman I can relate to. She talked about getting married and realizing that she had married Tigger... and she was Eeyore. I get that!! Their story has much sadness in it, but also much hope.Anyway, now were home and back to routine. I'm so thankful for this little family of mine and for all the memories of last week!


2 comments:
eyore?? I am curious why you connect to that. If there was a character that was full of encouragement and life and wonderful creativity bubbling out of them all the time....then I would get it! Anyway I am glad you got some time to get away and I can hardly wait to see ya again :)
I love reading your blog Leanne, it always makes me wish that you lived closer and our families could get to know each other better! Everytime I read it I seem to take some nugget away that makes me think, encourages me, or challenges me.
Post a Comment