Lately I've been trying to teach the kids that life is about making choices and I find myself saying over and over "Make the wise choice." I've said it so much that I've been frequently hearing it in my head as make my own choices big and small:
Juice or water?... Make the wise choice.
Watch TV or read?... Make the wise choice.
Kind voice or frustrated voice?... Make the wise choice.
Resentment or forgiveness?... (ouch)... Make the wise choice.
And that is not the only phrase I keep hearing... Somehow, Ann Voskamp is also in my head... "Gratitude redeems. Eucharisteo [giving thanks] always precedes the miracle."
Isn't that beautiful? "Gratitude redeems. Eucharisteo always precedes the miracle." Isn't that the wise choice?
And so today, I will make the wise choice, I will choose gratitude and I will expect a miracle.
1 day ago


2 comments:
Good words Leanne! And I think the miracle that follows gratitude is often a miracle in us. All of a sudden, in the midst of the mundane routines of life, we worship! We worship regardless of circumstances. We worship our King for the many examples of His grace in everyday. That's certainly how I want to live. Work this miracle in me Lord!
Thanks for the reminder! I love how so often when we are trying to teach our kids about life and trying to give them the tools they will need to live a life that honours God, he uses those times to teach us the lessons that we ourselves need to live a life that honours Him.
Post a Comment