Monday, May 31, 2010

What a Waste of Words

For the last 2+ years I have been talking non stop to our kids about using their manners and I don't think it has made an ounce of difference.

Sam (in a whiny voice): Book?

Me: I'm not reading to you unless you use your manners and talk to me like a big boy!

Sam: Can you read me this book?

Me: No, you still didn't use your manners.

(Sam gives me a blank look)

Me: You know... the magic words.

Sam: Hokus Pokus?!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Bahahahahaha.....that is so funny...Had to read that one to Ed. Where does sam come up with this stuff?!?

happygeek said...

Too funny.
My hubby is all freaky about magic and stuff (must be his mennonite background:)) so we've always used the term "kind words".
Doesn't mean that they remember it though.

Rebecca said...

:)

Shawna said...

I love the things that Sam says,they remind me of all the funny one liners I remember hearing from you at camp!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny. I love the photos from your daughters birthday. Everything looks so summery here, and we had snow this last weekend!

Anonymous said...

I meant it looks so summery THERE.